Accommodation, Venue &
Safari Hotels Namibia offer the largest and most versatile accommodation and conference complex in Namibia and is situated in Windhoek, the capital city.
The Safari Court Hotel**** offers over 200 luxuriously appointed rooms and suites with en-suite bathrooms, air conditioning, remote controlled satellite TV, fridge, coffee and tea facilities as well as the buffet and à la carte Acacia Restaurant, the Acacia Annex, the Palms Bar and the Terrace.
Hotel Safari*** has just under 200 rooms of different categories offering full facilities as well as the Welwitschia Restaurant serving all meals, a Beergarden and informal Patio, the Skeleton Coast Bar and a Coffee Corner. A small shop is available in the Reception. A refreshing pool in a large garden at each of the hotels and a pool bar are very popular.
At the Safari Court Hotel the Safari Wellness Centre and Oukolele Day Spa are available to all hotel guests. An hourly shuttle bus to shopping malls and the city center and back is available free of charge.
The Namibian dollar is linked to the South African Rand and can be exchanged on a one-to-one basis locally (R1 = N$1).
- Classic Room (B&B, per person, single): R1140
- Classic Room (B&B, per person, double): R767
- Business-class Room (B&B, per person, single): R1000
- Business-class Room (B&B, per person, double): R577
- Standard Room (B&B, per person, single): R838
- Standard Room (B&B, per person, double): R495
We have negotiated special rates with Safari Hotel for the 9th IWRS. Please complete the form and use the reference: IWRS Symposium to book directly with Safari Hotel.
Windhoek Country Club
Book directly with Windhoek Country Club.
R8650 per room (single) for 6 nights (check in: 11 September 2016, check out: 16 September 2016)
R10 400 per room (double) for 6 nights (check in: 11 September 2016, check out: 16 September 2016)
*Please note that you will be responsible for daily transfers to and from Safari Hotel.
For your convenience, please book transfers prior to the symposium. The Hosea Kutako International airport is a 45-minute drive from Windhoek and without prior bookings, delegates might have to wait for a pickup.
Delegates that booked accommodation at other places than Safari Hotel, are responsible for their own transfers to the conference venue daily. Windhoek City Cab offers special rates for IWRS delegates.
R200 per person – one way (sharing vehicle for delegates who arrive/depart at the same time)
Point to point transfers in Windhoek
R35 per person (4 pax) – one way
Click here to contact Windhoek City Cab directly to book your airport transfers and/or daily transfers.
Namibia, the land of endless horizons, offers an abundance of attractions to visitors.
- The Fish River Canyon is the second largest canyon in the world.
- Sossusvlei is home to the highest sand dunes in the world.
- There are 4 different kinds of deserts in Namibia, each with characteristic trees & shrubs.
- Namibia has more than 660 bird species.
- Namibia boasts the largest free-roaming cheetah and black rhino populations in the world.
- The fascinating Welwitschia mirabilis, which is believed to live up to 1500 years and is the oldest plant known to man, can be found along the Skeleton Coast.
- Namibia was the first African country to incorporate protection of the environment into its constitution, and today, over 43% of Namibia’s surface area is under conservation management, including national parks and reserves, communal and commercial conservancies, community forests, and private nature reserves.